Search This Blog

Friday 20 October 2017

Mt Oxford

Information



According to D.O.C classifications Mt Oxford summit track is a six hour loop track. At 18.0 KM and an easy/medium rating you should have a great time. With open access and an altitude starting at 350 M and going to 1,364 M, a change of 1,014 M, you’ll be in for some great views and a nice walk. The track begins at Coopers Creek car park on Mountains Road west of Coopers Creek.


My Experience


I climbed Mt Oxford with my Dad and Brother. My experience of it was pretty good but we didn’t quite get to the top because of strong wind and my brother and I might have fallen and hurt ourselves. The terrain was a little muddy and rocky but mostly formed. You get good views and can see the farmland
around you from the height of the mountain. Overall I think this mountain can get quite windy sometimes so be prepared. Also good views and a fun walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment